This recipe for Mascarpone Nutella Creme ticks all three boxes in my ultimate dessert trifecta…
- Make ahead – say no more!
- Simple – dangerously simple.
- And…drumroll please…calories that are totally worth it!
That last point is a big one for me personally. If I am going to have dessert, it had better be worth the calories! As for simple, all you need is a mixing bowl and a spoon! This Mascarpone Nutella Creme is a bit like a mousse, but it’s thicker and more decadent because there is no whipped cream – which means no mixer either. Check out my step-by-step photos to see how easy this nutella dessert is!
Ingredients for mascarpone nutella creme
- Mascarpone cheese (can substitute spreadable cream cheese – more on that later)
- Vanilla bean paste (can substitute vanilla essence)
- Instant coffee
- Fresh raspberries to serve
How to make mascarpone nutella creme – step-by-step
- Place approx 1/4 cup of mascarpone in a bowl – see Image 1.
- Add the instant coffee to the mascarpone and mix to blend well – see Image 2.
- Then add remaining mascarpone and mix to incorporate – see Image 3.
- Mix in vanilla paste – see Image 4.
- Finally, add nutella and mix well to combine – see Image 5.
- This is your end product – see Image 6. Just spoon into serving dishes then refrigerate.
What is mascarpone cheese?
Mascarpone is a soft, spreadable Italian cream cheese. You will find it in most good grocery stores, usually near the other fresh cheeses such as feta, fresh mozzarella, and block cream cheese.
What is a substitute for mascarpone in this recipe?
Spreadable cream cheese will work fine in this recipe, just get it out of the fridge for a while first – this will make it easier to mix in. The end texture will be very similar, and the taste will be a little more tangy than the mascarpone. Both are good!
My top tips for making mascarpone creme
- You could make this recipe up to 2 days ahead – just spoon it into the serving dishes, cover and refrigerate until you want to use it. Then top it with the raspberries to serve.
- If your instant coffee has large granules like mine in the photo, I like to give it a good mix to start them dissolving using a small silicone spatula to “crush” the granules.
- Mascarpone is best left in the fridge until you need to use it – especially if the weather is a bit hot.
- You can substitute vanilla extract for the vanilla bean paste.
- If you can’t find mascarpone, you could substitute spreadable cream cheese (room temperature).
- A fancy serving suggestion would be to use stemless wine glasses to serve this in. I did this for a dinner party here at home recently. I piped the creme into the glasses for a neat finish, then refrigerated as usual and added the raspberries when I served it. Super impressive!
Other nutella recipes you may enjoy
Peanut Butter Nutella Brownies – yep, all the good stuff in one brownie!
Other mascarpone recipes you may enjoy
Chocolate Cherry Ganache Parfaits – a great date night dessert.
Orange Mascarpone Dessert Sauce – a simple, easy mix dessert sauce.
Lemon & Raspberry Mascarpone Tart – a quick biscuit base with a lemony cheesecake filling.
Mascarpone Nutella Creme
- 1 cup Nutella choc-hazelnut spread
- 250 g mascarpone
- ¼ tsp instant coffee
- ½ tsp vanilla paste
- Place approx 1/4 cup of the mascarpone (250g total) in a bowl, then add the instant coffee (¼ tsp) to the mascarpone and mix to blend well (see notes).
- Then add remaining mascarpone and mix to incorporate. Mix in vanilla paste (½ tsp).
- Finally, add nutella (1 cup) and mix well to combine.
- Spoon into serving dishes (leave off raspberries) and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Top with fresh raspberries to serve.