Chocolate cherry ganache parfaits, the perfect date night indulgence. (With the added bonus of barely any cooking required!)
Smooth and velvety layers of cherry and chocolate – two flavours that were just meant to go together. Add in a layer of…
…a layer of smashed up amaretti cookies (see – no cooking!) for texture, then add a layer of mascarpone that you have cleverly given a slight help along with some Amaretto liqueur, then a final sprinkle of amaretti cookies on top for the final flourish.
And they just look soooo fancy!!!
Chocolate Cherry Ganache Parfaits
- 350 g frozen cherries
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. cornflour
- 1 tbsp. cold water
- 1/2 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 200 g dark eating chocolate
- 250 ml pure cream
- 120 g amaretti biscuits divided
- 250 g mascarpone cheese softened
- 2 tbsp. Amaretto liqueur
- **I used 4 stemless wine glasses for this recipe & photo - 500ml or 2 cups total capacity**
- Place cherries, sugar & lemon juice in a small saucepan over medium heat, stirring until sugar dissolves & the cherries have defrosted and softened slightly.
- Combine cornflour & water to form a thin paste, add to cherry mixture and mix to combine.
- Bring cherry mixture to the boil, and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat, stir in vanilla & allow to cool slightly.
- Divide cherry mixture evenly between glasses & place in freezer to chill for 15-20 mins.
- Bring the cream to the boil in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Once boiling - remove from heat & add chocolate - mix until chocolate is melted & no lumps remain.
- Place chocolate mixture in a heatproof bowl, cover & place in freezer for 10-15 mins to cool.
- Mix together mascarpone & Amaretti liqueur, place in a plastic bag (for piping) and refrigerate until needed.
- Crush amaretti biscuits (I do this by hand) see note.
- Remove cherry mixture from freezer, and carefully spoon chocolate ganache evenly over cherry mixture.
- Top with 80g amaretti biscuit crumbs , divided evenly between glasses.
- Snip one corner off the plastic bag containing mascarpone mixture - pipe mascarpone evenly into glasses.
- Sprinkle with remaining amaretti crumbs, and serve immediately.