PEANUT BUTTER BROWNIE RECIPE
Brownies. Nutella Brownies. Peanut Butter Brownie Recipe with Nutella. Basically, brownies with the lot – super rich and fudgy Nutella brownies stuffed with chocolate and peanut butter chips, topped with a peanut butter and Nutella swirl.
Have you ever asked yourself…what recipe can I make with Nutella and peanut butter? Well, I have the answer and it tastes amazing! Spoiler alert – it’s my easy peanut butter brownie recipe!
These are everything a good brownie recipe should be, dense and chewy – moist and cakey on the inside with a lovely crackly top. Add to that the flavour of peanut butter and you have a match made in brownie heaven. I am just so in love with that sweet/salty flavour combination.
Plus you all know I love an easy recipe, and this recipe for Nutella brownies with peanut butter is one of those.
HOW TO MAKE MY EASY PEANUT BUTTER BROWNIE RECIPE
You can follow along with my step by step pictures below!
Using a handheld mixer, cream together room temperature butter and sugar until fluffy and combined. Then add the eggs and vanilla, mixing to combine (see photos below).
Add the Nutella to the butter/sugar mixture and mix to combine using the handheld mixer. Then add flour to the mixture and mix by hand until just combined (see photos below).
Once the flour is combined, add chocolate and peanut butter chips, again mixing by hand to combine (see photos below).
Pour mixture into prepared tin, and place spoonfuls of combined peanut butter and extra Nutella evenly over the top of the mixture. Then swirl these dollops into the mixture using a knife – now you are ready to bake!
MORE PEANUT BUTTER AND CHOCOLATE RECIPES
Peanut Butter Caramel Slice – no-bake, melt and mix recipe!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Bites with Pretzels – sweet and salty in one bite!
Including Nutella in this peanut butter brownie recipe takes me back to my teenage years having sleepovers with my bestie (who is still my bestie BTW) and eating Nutella! So Good! It’s a shame we didn’t know how good it would be with peanut butter back then – you live and learn. My palette must be getting more mature!
This brownie recipe is going to be popular, maybe buy extra big jars of peanut butter and Nutella for your next sleepover…
Peanut Butter Nutella Brownies
- 75 g salted butter room temperature
- ½ cup golden/raw caster sugar 100g
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons Nutella 330g + 2 tablespoons
- ¾ cup plain flour 120g
- ⅓ cup milk chocolate chips
- ⅓ cup peanut butter chips (see notes)
- 2 tbsp smooth peanut butter
- Pre heat oven to 180c (350f).
- Grease and line an 18cm/7" square (base measurement) cake tin and set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine the salted butter (75g) and the golden caster sugar (½ cup/100g) and using a hand held mixer, mix until fluffy.
- Add eggs (2) and vanilla essence (2 tsps) mixing until combined.
- Add Nutella (1 cup/300g) and mix well until combined.
- Add plain flour (¾ cup/120g) and mix by hand until just combined. Don't overmix.
- Fold in chocolate chips (⅓ cup) and peanut butter chips (⅓ cup), then pour batter into prepared tin.
- In a small bowl, combine the peanut butter (2 tbsp) and the remaining Nutella (2 tbsp) then place dollops of this mixture evenly on top of the batter mixture. Take a knife and gently swirl the peanut butter mixture to combine slightly (see photos above) and bake for 34 mins (see notes).