This recipe is one of those little gems that you have in your back pocket in case of emergencies...a dessert emergency!
You have guests coming tonight/tomorrow/next week(?) and no time to make anything. Barely enough time to go to the store. Well, I've got you covered!
As you run through the supermarket, grab a tub of mascarpone cheese and an orange. Plus the confectioner's sugar that you have at home in the cupboard, and that's it! Orange Dessert Sauce! See my video in the recipe below to see how easy it is to make!
Grab a few punnets of berries, or pavlova shells (or both!) or even a premade cake - add this orange cream and dessert is sorted!
How do you make this Creamy Orange Dessert Sauce? Just mix it all together! No need for whipping, the mascarpone is already lovely and thick - then add sugar, orange rind and juice = sauce.
Do you want a thick cream to dollop for the pav, or would you like a thinner, pourable sauce that you can drizzle maybe? Simple - just adjust the amount of orange juice!
PS If you are looking for a gorgeous Berry Fruit Salad recipe to pair this Orange Dessert Sauce with then check out my Mixed Berry Fruit Salad with Mint. A perfect match!
Table of Contents
Creamy Orange Dessert Sauce
- 250 g mascarpone approx ¾ cup
- 1 tblsp icing sugar / confectioners sugar sifted
- finely grated zest & juice of 1 orange
Watch me make this recipe
- In a small bowl, mix together mascarpone (straight from the fridge) and sugar by hand with a spoon until just combined (see notes).
- Mix in orange zest, then add orange juice 2 tsp at time until you reach your desired consistency.
- Keep refrigerated until needed.
Can I use this has a filling for layer cakes?
Hi Gina! Sorry no, I don’t think it would be suitable for a layer cake. I don’t think it would be thick enough. Thanks for stopping by though! L x