First take some raspberries, add some cheesecakey lemon filling, then a quick cheat biscuit base, and what do you get? Lemon & Raspberry Mascarpone Tart.
I had this for lunch the day after I made it - it was just sitting in the fridge calling my name...it was an odd lunch day because the first course was crunchy oven baked onion rings (coming soon to a blog post near you!) then a Lemon & Raspberry Mascarpone Tart chaser!
Ah the joys of being a food blogger - you just have to taste test everything...such a hard life!!!
Anyway...back to the tart. Super easy biscuit / graham cracker base, then top with raspberries, pour over your filling, bake & then in to the fridge to set. Done.
Enjoy - I know I did.
Lemon & Raspberry Mascarpone Tart
- 200 g Digestive biscuits/Graham crackers
- 80 g unsalted butter - melted
- 2/3 cup store bought lemon curd
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 3 tsp cornflour
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 250 g mascarpone cheese
- 200 g fresh raspberries reserve 6-7 to decorate
- Pre heat oven to 180c/350f (fan forced).
- Using a food processor (or a sturdy zip lock plastic bag & a rolling pin) process biscuits into fine crumbs, then add melted butter to combine.
- Line the base of a 25cm/9 1/2 inch loose bottom tart tin with baking/parchment paper (see notes).
- Press biscuit mixture firmly into the base and sides of the tin.
- Place tart tin on a baking sheet, and bake for 10 mins, then allow to cool.
- While base is cooling, in a medium bowl combine lemon curd, egg & sugar, mixing until smooth.
- Add cornflour & mascarpone, again mixing until smooth.
- Place raspberries evenly over the cooled biscuit base, then pour mascarpone mixture over the top and smooth out the mixture - being careful not to move the raspberries around too much (see notes).
- Bake for 30 mins - tart should be set in the middle but with a slight wobble, and light brown around the edges.
- Allow to cool for 10 - 15 mins, then refrigerate for 2 -3 hours to set.
- Serve chilled.