Avocado cilantro (coriander) dip, my version of guacamole style flavours but as a thick dipping sauce - perfect with seafood such as prawns.
So.....cilantro - in Australia we call it coriander - I don't know why, but we just do. (Just to explain!)
Think of a kind of communal prawn cocktail - no need for individual serves, just plonk your prawns & avocado cilantro dip side by side on the table & watch them go! You could of course create single serves if you want, just spoon the dip on to the prawns like you would marie rose sauce/thousand island dressing for a fresh, zingy prawn cocktail with a mild hum of chilli.
The fresh flavours of avocado, lime & cilantro in the dip means it would also pair well with chicken. You can also feel free to up the amount of chilli if you want - I have deliberately made this dip quite mild. My theory on chilli is that it's a bit like salt in that it should be "to taste" because some people like more heat than others.
Take your prawn cocktail up a notch,
More entertaining recipes you may enjoy
Cob Loaf - turns the classic party bread bowl dip into double the fun! A 2 in 1 cob loaf recipe with spinach dip on one side and cheese and bacon on the other!
Gin and Ginger Ale - a zesty cocktail with fresh ginger and lime, then topped off with ginger ale, this is my version of a gin buck. A great easy party drink!
Herb Crusted Cutlets - ender, juicy lamb cutlets with a simple fresh herb and garlic crust grilled to perfection.
Avocado Cilantro (Coriander) Dip
- 2 ripe avocados - flesh only (I use Hass)
- ½ cup cilantro (coriander) leaves (well packed)
- ½ small red onion
- 1 lime - juice only
- 1 long green chilli - ribs & seeds removed (see notes)
- 1 teaspoon good quality mayonnaise
- pinch of salt to taste
- Place avocado, cilantro (coriander), onion, chilli & lime juice into a small food processor and process until very finely chopped - you may need to scrape the sides occasionally
- Add avocado flesh & mayonnaise and process until smooth
- Add salt to taste