These are my cute little Lamb Lollipops with Herbs – tender, juicy lamb cutlets with a simple fresh herb and garlic crust grilled to perfection.
OK – I know I have told you guys this many times before, but… I. Love. Lamb. The recipe I am bringing you today is using a favourite cut of lamb here in our house – lamb lollipops (lamb cutlets). These lamb lollipops have a simple herb crust that takes these to the next level with minimal ingredients – only three plus salt & pepper and olive oil, but maximum flavour!
Ingredients you will need to make this lamb recipe
- lamb cutlets (lollipops/rib chops)
- fresh thyme
- fresh rosemary
- garlic powder
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
*Please see the recipe card below for exact quantities and detailed instructions
How to make lamb lollipops
- Finely chop rosemary and thyme, then combine and set aside.
- Rub both sides of lamb cutlets with olive oil, then sprinkle with garlic powder and salt & pepper.
- Sprinkle rosemary and thyme mixture evenly over both sides of each cutlet.
- Fry or grill cutlets.
My top tips for making this lamb cutlets recipe
- How long you cook your lamb lollipops for on each side comes down to your personal preference. For me, cooking cuts of lamb like this is a bit like cooking a steak – some people like theirs pink in the centre, others don’t!
- These cutlets would also be great cooked on a bbq. They make great bbq or cookout fare – they even come with in-built handles!
Other lamb recipes you may enjoy
Lamb Cutlets Wrapped in Prosciutto – tender and juicy lamb cutlets coated in basil pesto then wrapped in prosciutto – yum!
Oven Roasted Lamb Ribs – mix up a few simple ingredients then bake in the oven. Tasty, moist and easy finger-licking lamb ribs.
Lamb Lollipops with Herbs
Lamb Lollipops with Herbs - tender, juicy lamb cutlets with a simple fresh herb and garlic crust grilled to perfection.
- 12 lamb lollipops (cutlets) trimmed to your liking
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh rosemary leaves finely chopped
- 1½ tbsp fresh thyme leaves finely chopped
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
Combine finely chopped rosemary (2 tbsp of leaves) and finely chopped thyme (1½ tbsp of leaves) then set aside.
Rub both sides of lamb cutlets with olive oil (2 tbsp - there will be some leftover) and reserve the remaining oil for frying.
Sprinkle garlic powder (1 tsp) and salt and pepper (to taste) evenly between the cutlets - don't forget the back!
Then sprinkle each side of the cutlets with the combined rosemary and thyme.
Heat remaining olive oil in a pan, and fry cutlets (or grill/broil) over medium-high heat (turning once) until cooked to your liking (see notes).
- How long you cook your lamb lollipops for on each side comes down to your personal preference. For me, cooking cuts of lamb like this is a bit like cooking a steak - some people like theirs pink in the centre, others don't! For me, it's usually about 4 minutes on each side - but keep in mind the thickness of the cutlet meat can vary a lot.
- These cutlets would also be great cooked on a bbq. They make great bbq or cookout fare - they even come with in-built handles!
*Please note that the amount of calories per serve is provided as a guide only, as ingredients and cooking methods can vary greatly*