This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my Privacy & Disclosure policy.
As the last of the
warm hot weather slides away here in Australia, I am bringing you a recipe that is like the flavour of summer in a bowl – my homemade Peach Sorbet recipe.
Strictly NOT TRICKY at all, and definitely no need for an ice cream maker or cooking up a sugar syrup! Just whiz it all up in a food processor or blender and freeze.
That’s it. Yes, it’s that simple.
How to make peach sorbet without an ice cream maker
First thing to do is to slice each peach into 8, then peel them (if you are using fresh).
Put them in a food processor or blender, along with the sugar (I used frozen peach slices in this photo).
And blend, scraping down the sides occasionally until smooth. Then add lemon juice to taste, and freeze for 6 to 7 hours or until firm.
Tips for making peach sorbet
- When making the first cut into the peach, cut crosswise to the “seam” or “crease” running down the side of the peach. Sometimes the peach stone has split inside the peach (for my batch they had all split) – this method makes it easier to remove the stone completely.
- Peeling the peaches – if the peaches are super ripe then the skin peels off quite easily once you cut the peaches in eighths. If you find the skin won’t peel off easily then I just trim it off with a small sharp knife.
- The ratio of sliced fruit to sugar is 4:1 – this is key to having a finished product that is creamy and will set to the right consistency (in this case 800g of fruit divided by 4 = 200g sugar) – this means that the sorbet will set firm but still be scoopable.
Sure! Why not use this fabulous Peach Sorbet in my Frozen Peach Bellini – the perfect simple but elegant summer cocktail!
More sorbet recipes
Cherry Sorbet – another great 3 ingredient sorbet. No churning or sugar syrup required!
More peach recipes
Easy Peach Crumble – one of my favourite ever desserts!
This easy recipe for peach sorbet is my favourite kind of recipe, simple to make but looks and tastes like restaurant quality!
Peach Sorbet Recipe
Peach Sorbet Recipe - a simple 3 ingredient peach sorbet that tastes like summer in a bowl, with no need for an ice cream maker or to make a sugar syrup!
- 8 ripe yellow peaches - fresh or frozen 800g sliced & peeled
- 200 g caster sugar (see notes)
- 1 tbsp* lemon juice to taste (see notes)
Slice the peaches into 8, and peel each slice.
Place peach slices in the bowl of a food processor, along with sugar and process until smooth, scraping down the sides as you go.
Once smooth, add lemon juice to taste.
Freeze for 6-7 hours, or until firm.
* Don't add all of the lemon juice in at once - you need to add it to taste. It also may seem like a strange ingredient, but it really brings out the flavour of the peaches.
The ratio of fruit to sugar you are looking for to get the right consistency is basically 4:1 fruit to sugar. I work this out is by weight. I weigh the sliced & peeled fruit, then divide it by 4, which is the amount of sugar I add.
In this recipe, my sliced peaches weighed 800g, so divide that by 4 and you get 200g.
If you want to scale the recipe up or down, it should still be a good consistency as long as you stick with that ratio of 4:1 fruit to sugar.
*Please note that the amount of calories per serve is provided as a guide only, as ingredients and cooking methods can vary greatly*
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases