Cherry Sorbet – this easy sorbet recipe is just 3 ingredients, and all without an ice cream maker! The easiest cherry dessert ever using frozen cherries!
So I have a bit of a thing for sorbet at the moment, and my current fruit of choice is cherries. It would have to be one of the easiest ways to make a fresh and fruity dessert, because we are going to using frozen cherries.
This cherry sorbet recipe doesn’t need you to make a sugar syrup, and you also make this easy sorbet recipe without an ice cream maker. So simple.
You don’t even need to pit the cherries!
How to make cherry sorbet without ice cream maker
- Take a pack of frozen cherries and pop them into a food processor or blender.
- Add sugar, and process or blend until smooth.
- Add fresh lemon juice to taste.
- Yup, that’s it!
I know, seems too simple right? It also has the added bonus of being dairy free!
No cooking, no churning, no chopping or removing seeds – just eating.
Tips for making cherry sorbet
- You don’t want any frost on your frozen cherries, so if you decide to use the package of cherries at the back of the freezer that have been there for a while, you may need to thaw them a little so that you can soak up any frost with paper towel.
- For sorbet that is set, but still scoopable you will need a ratio of 4:1 fruit to sugar. The frozen cherries come in a 500g bag so I just divided that by 4 and got 125g of sugar.
- Don’t leave out the lemon juice, it really brings out the cherry flavour.
More sorbet recipes
Peach Sorbet Recipe – this recipe has gone bonkers on Pinterest!
Frozen Peach Bellini – a refreshing cocktail made using peach sorbet.
I’m looking forward to a bowl of this cherry sorbet on the next hot summer day – but that will be a while here in Australia as tomorrow is the first day of winter! What can I say though – I love sorbet. I love cherries. So I made cherry sorbet. Simple!
Hope you enjoy my cherry sorbet, if you make it please let me know! I’d love to hear about it!
Just tag me on Instagram #chefnotrequired or leave a comment below 🙂
Cherry Sorbet - this frozen cherry sorbet recipe is just 3 ingredients, and all without an ice cream maker!
- 500 g frozen pitted cherries
- 125 g caster sugar
- 1-2 tsp fresh lemon juice to taste (see notes)
Place frozen cherries in the bowl of a food processor, along with sugar and process until smooth, scraping down the sides as you go.
Once smooth, add lemon juice to taste.
Freeze for 6-7 hours, or until firm.
- Don't add all of the lemon juice in at once - you need to add it to taste. It also may seem like a strange ingredient, but it really brings out the flavour of the cherries. Think about it like salt in a savoury dish!
- I have used frozen cherries in this recipe instead of fresh because where I live in the world (Australia) tomorrow is the first day of winter! So....no fresh cherries!
- But, what can I say - I loooove me some sorbet! So frozen cherries it is!
- That being said, I can't see why this recipe wouldn't work with fresh cherries - but full disclosure I haven't tried it with fresh cherries.
*Please note that the amount of calories per serve is provided as a guide only, as ingredients and cooking methods can vary greatly*