I'm starting a movement - #pimpyourmash !!! Maybe it's already a movement and I'm behind the times, who knows...I'm definitely no social media expert.
We have mashed potato with LOTS of meals in our house, so I like to get creative with some additions - so I give you my Mustard Mashed Potatoes. Rich, creamy, fluffy mash swirled with a ribbon of decadent garlic & mustard butter. Mmmmmmmm.......................
You can easily adjust the amount of mustard butter down (or up!) if you like, as it's made separately to the mash then just folded/swirled in at the end. I also added some parmesan cheese, why? - because I can! It really adds a cheesy savoury note, without glumping up the mash. My computer just told me glumping is not a word - but I think you get my point!
Go on - #pimpyourmash !!!
Table of Contents
Pesto Lamb Cutlets with Prosciutto - maximum flavour for minimal effort. Tender juicy lamb cutlets coated in basil pesto then wrapped in prosciutto - yum!
Lamb Goulash - slow-cooked shredded lamb in a rich sauce of paprika and capsicum (peppers).
Osso Buco with Mushrooms - melt in the mouth veal with an rich mushroom sauce/gravy.
Red Wine and Garlic Lamb Shanks - meltingly tender red wine lamb shanks with meat that falls off the bone, smothered in a red wine and garlic sauce. Food heaven!
Beef Carbonnade - beef, mustard, and onions are slow cooked in beer for a tender, melt-in-you-mouth stew that you want to eat all year round!
Savoury Mince - this is a rich, full flavoured savoury mince recipe that the whole family will enjoy for an easy weeknight dinner!
Lamb Lollipops - tender, juicy lamb cutlets with a simple fresh herb and garlic crust grilled to perfection.
Mustard Mashed Potatoes
- 1 kg/2.2lbs sebago potatoes chopped evenly
- 4 tablespoon butter divided
- 40 g/1.4oz parmesan cheese finely grated
- 1 tablespoon sour cream (I use light)
- ¼ cup flat leaf parsley roughly chopped (optional)
- ¼ tsp fine salt
- 1 cup milk warmed in microwave (see notes)
- 3 teaspoon french mustard
- 3 teaspoon whole grain mustard
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- Boil, steam or microwave potatoes until tender, then mash well
- Add 2 tablespoon butter, parmesan cheese, sour cream, parsley (if using) and salt - mixing well to combine
- Add warm milk to potato mixture a little at time, until you have reached your desired consistency (see notes)
- Place the remaining 2 tablespoon of butter in a small heatproof bowl & microwave on high for 30 seconds or until melted (place a sheet of paper/kitchen towel over the bowl to keep your microwave clean)
- Add mustards & garlic powder to melted butter & mix well to combine (see notes)
- Swirl mustard butter through potato, or dollop on top & serve
Leave a Reply