Cheesy Mini Gratin Dauphinois Potato Stacks - these creamy little beauties are like mini individual serves of au gratin potatoes, made in a muffin tin!
These little gems are my Mini Gratin Dauphinois Potato Stacks. So easy to make and taste amazing! Easy enough to throw together on a weeknight, but also fancy enough for a special occasion. Don't let the fancy french name intimidate you...
They are basically just stacked slices of potato in a muffin tin along with cheese and cream then baked, so they come out like mini potato gratin stacks in a muffin pan!
Table of Contents
What is gratin dauphinois
Gratin dauphinois is a french recipe of sliced potatoes mixed with cheese and milk or cream then baked. This kind of dish goes by many names. It can be scalloped potatoes, and here in Australia we call it potato bake - just to name a few!
How to make mini gratin dauphinois stacks
- Spray a 12 hole muffin tin with cooking spray and set aside.
- Peel your potatoes, then slice them thinly - I use a mandolin for this.
- Add cream, parmesan & garlic to potatoes and mix to coat well.
- Add salt & pepper to taste.
- Distribute the potato slices evenly into the muffin tin holes and bake.
They are like mini individual serves of au gratin potatoes!
And check out their little crispy bottoms!
More potato recipes you may like
Extra Crispy Potatoes - super crispy and crunchy baked potatoes, glass-like on the outside but fluffy in the middle.
Warm Mustard Potato Salad without Mayo - potatoes paired with bacon and leek, in a tangy mustard garlic dressing, finished with fresh parsley.
Spinach Mashed Potatoes - fluffy and creamy mashed potatoes, loaded with baby spinach, herbs and feta - the complete side dish.
These cute little mini gratin dauphinois stacks also make a very impressive (but really simple!) side dish for your next dinner party or family gathering.
Cheesy Mini Gratin Dauphinois Potato Stacks
- 800 g potatoes thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoon cream
- 4 tablespoon grated fresh parmesan
- cooking/olive oil spray
- 2 garlic cloves crushed/minced
- Pre heat oven to 200c.
- Grease a 12 hole muffin tin with olive oil/cooking spray.
- Add cream (4 tblsp), parmesan (4 tblsp) and garlic (2 cloves) to potatoes and mix, making sure slices are well coated. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide potato mixture evenly between muffin tin holes.
- Bake for 50 mins or until potato is cooked through and the tops are crisp.
- The potatoes I use for the stacks are just the common brushed potatoes (sebago) available in every Australian supermarket.
- I use a mandolin to slice the potatoes.