This is my Moroccan Lamb Mince with Hummus - quick and easy spiced lamb with smooth creamy hummus, topped with fresh herbs. Dinner is done in 30 minutes!
I know I'm very partial to lamb - but how tasty does this look?????? I want to eat it right NOW. My version of Moroccan Lamb Mince - I'm sure it's probably not traditional...
...but then I wasn't going for that (BTW hardly EVER going for that!) - I was going for what tastes goooood. And this tastes goooood.
This moroccan style lamb recipe uses ground lamb and is flavoured by a fragrant spice mix - all of which I think you probably have in your pantry already. Add some pine nuts, tomatoes & fresh herbs and dinner is on the table.
I serve it with a dollop of sour cream & my Soft Parmesan Flatbread (No Yeast). This flatbread is super simple and it only takes 20 mins!
Other lamb recipes you may like
Quick Lamb Ragu - a fast and tasty weeknight-friendly lamb ragu recipe, using lamb mince (ground lamb). Lamb ragu in 1 hour!
Oven Roasted Lamb Ribs - mix up a few simple ingredients then bake in the oven. Tasty, moist and easy finger-licking lamb ribs.
Lamb Kofta Wraps - Kofta style ground lamb/lamb mince patties on flat/pita bread, dressed with zingy eggplant & yoghurt sauce, then topped with salsa, leafy greens & pine nuts.
Moroccan Lamb Mince with Hummus
- 500 g lamb mince/ground lamb
- 1 tbsp ghee plus extra to serve if needed
- ½ medium red onion finely chopped
- 1 tsp powdered garlic
- 1 tsp allspice
- 1 ½ tsp ground cumin
- 1 ½ tsp ground coriander seeds
- pinch of fine salt
- 3 tbsp pine nuts
- juice of 1 large lemon
- ⅓ cup fresh coriander leaves
- ⅓ cup fresh italian parsley leaves
- 250 g cherry tomatoes - quartered
- flatbread & sour cream to serve
- 2 x 400 g canned chickpeas (2 tins) 1 drained/1 drained & liquid reserved
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ⅓ cup tahini
- ¼ tsp ground coriander
- ¼ tsp ground cumin
- juice of 1 large lemon
- salt to taste
- Remove the skins from the chickpeas (see notes)
- Add chickpeas, tahini, olive oil, ground cumin, ground coriander and most of the lemon juice to the bowl of a food processor and blend - it won't be smooth at this point
- Scrape down the sides of the processor bowl, then add 1 tbsp of reserved chickpea water then blend until the mix becomes smooth - adding more chickpea water and remaining lemon juice as needed for smoothness and taste, then set aside (see notes)
- Add the garlic powder, allspice, ground cumin, ground coriander seeds & salt to the lamb mince & combine well using your hands
- In a large pan, heat ghee over medium heat and fry onion for 1 min, then turn heat up to high and add lamb to pan, breaking up the mince and frying until almost cooked through
- Add pine nuts to pan & continue to fry until lamb is cooked through and pine nuts are slightly coloured. Add lemon juice to pan & then remove from heat (see notes)
- Place a swirl of hummus on each plate, top with lamb mixture, scatter with fresh herbs and cherry tomato quarters, then spoon over pan juices
- Serve immediately with flatbread & sour cream if using
- I have found the easiest way to remove the skins from the chickpeas is to put them in a bowl and cover them really well with water, then rub the chickpeas lightly between your hands and the skins will rise to the surface which you can then skim/pour off.
- If you reach the end of step 3 for the lamb, and would like a bit more "sauce" you can always add some more ghee to the hot pan.
- I actually heat the hummus slightly before I plate it up - that's the way we like to eat it. Warm or cold, it's up to you!
- This dish would be great scaled down to make a starter/appetizer.