this recipe is totally free of refined sugar, but certainly doesn’t taste it! The dates have a lovely natural sweetness, and the cashews add a creamy, velvety texture – I know…good, right? So good.
I won’t rave on about it too much, let’s just say it doesn’t taste like it’s good for you!
This spread is sweet, creamy and decadent with no refined sugar at all!
- 300g fresh dates - pitted
- 150 raw unsalted cashews - soaked for 2-3 hours in cold water to soften
- 2-3 tsp lemon juice
- 2-3 drops vanilla essence
- pinch of fine salt
- Drain cashews and process until they form a ball.
- Then add dates and process until smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients to taste.