My recipe today is a simple, but tasty one. This Whipped Feta Cheese with Herbs is super easy to whip (ha! - sorry) up.
Just toss everything except the herbs in a food processor, whiz it up, stir through your herbs and you're done.
This little bowl of yumminess makes a perfect accompaniment to a lamb dish, be it a roast or a wrap, or even just a good old chop! My Whipped Feta Cheese with Herbs can also be your next party dip!
I have used danish feta in this recipe - it's lovely and creamy, and not too salty. I wasn't a big feta fan until I tried the danish variety - now it's a regular in my fridge!
Whipped Feta Cheese with Herbs
- 200 g danish feta (broken into a few large chunks)
- ¼ cup light sour cream
- 2 teaspoon olive oil (plus extra to garnish if you wish)
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- juice of ½ a lemon
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano leaves (roughly chopped)
- fine salt to taste
- Place all of the ingredients accept the chives, oregano and salt in a food processor and blend until smooth
- Stir through herbs, add salt to taste and garnish with extra olive oil if you wish then serve