My recipe today is a simple, but tasty one. This Whipped Feta Cheese with Herbs is super easy to whip (ha! - sorry) up.
Just toss everything except the herbs in a food processor, whiz it up, stir through your herbs and you're done.
This little bowl of yumminess makes a perfect accompaniment to a lamb dish, be it a roast or a wrap, or even just a good old chop! My Whipped Feta Cheese with Herbs can also be your next party dip!
I have used danish feta in this recipe - it's lovely and creamy, and not too salty. I wasn't a big feta fan until I tried the danish variety - now it's a regular in my fridge!
Table of Contents
Whipped Feta Cheese with Herbs
Whipped Feta Cheese with Herbs - a smooth creamy mixture of feta & light sour cream, spiked with garlic, lemon & fresh herbs.Print Pin Rate
Serving: people as a dip
- 200 g danish feta broken into a few large chunks
- ¼ cup light sour cream
- 2 teaspoon olive oil plus extra to garnish if you wish
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- juice of ½ a lemon
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano leaves roughly chopped
- fine salt to taste
- Place all of the ingredients accept the chives, oregano and salt in a food processor and blend until smooth
- Stir through herbs, add salt to taste and garnish with extra olive oil if you wish then serve
*Please note that the amount of calories per serve is provided as a guide only, as ingredients and cooking methods can vary greatly*
hello... is it possible to make this ahead of time? even just a few hours?
Hi Lisa! This could be made the day before, just keep it covered in the fridge until you need it. If you are going to drizzle oil over the top to make it look fancy then I would do that just before serving. L x