Who doesn't like a quick and easy one-pot bake for dinner? My Sausage Bake with Tomato & Apple is on the table in 45 minutes, and one pan to wash - winner!!!
I'm not kidding, just take some tomatoes and apples, add some herbs and mustard, mix it up, lay your sausages on top & put it in the oven. Dinner is done. And of course tastes great too - can't beat that.
As you can see from the photos, definitely no "chefiness" required...
Let me know what you think,
Sausage Bake with Tomato & Apple
- 8 thick pork sausages
- 500 g roma tomatoes about 4-5, halved lengthways & each half cut into 6
- 2 large green apples skin still on, cored & cut into eights
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp finely chopped rosemary leaves
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- Preheat oven to 220 c / 425 f fan forced
- Combine tomato & apple in a baking dish (see note).
- Add vinegar, olive oil, rosemary & mustard to tomato & apple in baking dish, turning to coat thoroughly.
- Evenly place sausages in a single layer on top of tomato mixture.
- Bake for 35 mins, turning sausages after 15 mins.
- Serve immediately.