Oven roasted vegetables, combined with giant couscous - my Roasted Veg Couscous couldn't get much easier!
Lots of fresh vegetables simply roasted in the oven with some store cupboard spices, combined with giant/pearl couscous then finished off with feta, fresh mint and a squeeze of lemon. This side dish is quick and easy, and can be eaten hot or cold.
Table of Contents
How to make Roasted Veg Couscous
- To a large sheet pan, add chopped pumpkin - see Image (1).
- Add chopped capsicum - see Image (2).
- Add chopped eggplant - see Image (3).
- Add chopped zucchini - see Image (4).
- Add chopped tomatoes - see Image (5).
- Add sliced red onion - see Image (6).
- Sprinkle cumin, garlic powder and salt & pepper over the pile of vegetables - see Image (7).
- Then mix to coat - I use my hands for this - see Image (8).
- Add olive oil and mix to coat - see Image (9) - then spread vegetables into an even layer on the baking sheet and place in oven @ 180c ff to bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle over pine nuts - see Image (10) then place back in oven to bake for a further 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven, then combine with cooked giant couscous, crumbled feta, sliced fresh mint and finish off with a squeeze of lemon to serve.
I hope you enjoy this roasted veg couscous, a tasty side dish full of flavour and jam-packed with healthy vegetables!
Other recipes you may enjoy
Shawarma Rice - a Middle Eastern inspired one pot chicken and rice dish using thighs marinated in shawarma spices for a quick and easy dinner.
Orzo Rice - Turkish Rice (orzo rice) is a great way to add some extra taste to your usual boiled rice. The fried orzo gives this rice rich nutty flavour.
Roasted Veg Couscous
- 250 g pumpkin chopped
- 1 small red capsicum chopped
- 1 small eggplant chopped
- 1 medium zucchini chopped
- 2 roma tomatoes chopped
- 1 small red onion sliced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- salt & pepper
- 3 teaspoon olive oil divided
- 1 cup giant/pearl couscous prepared according to package instructions - see my notes for a tip for extra flavour
- 50 g danish feta crumbled
- ¼ cup fresh mint leaves - loosely packed thinly sliced
- juice of a lemon optional
- 2 tablespoon pine nuts
- Pre heat oven to 180c ff / 355f.
- Take a large rimmed baking sheet, and place pumpkin, capsicum, eggplant, zucchini, tomato & onion into a rough pile on the sheet.
- Sprinkle vegetable pile with ground cumin, garlic powder, salt & pepper and mix to coat - I use my hands for this.
- Drizzle 2 teaspoon of olive oil over vegetables, then mix again to coat. Spread the vegetables out evenly on the baking sheet, and bake for 20 mins.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle over the pine nuts and return to the oven for a further 5 mins.
- Meanwhile, cook the couscous according to packet instructions (my tip for extra flavour in the couscous is to use vegetable or chicken stock instead of water).
- Place the cooked couscous in a bowl, then add the roasted vegetables plus the extra 1 tsp of olive oil. Add crumbled feta and sliced mint, mixing lightly to combine.
- Drizzle over lemon juice if using, and serve.