This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my Privacy & Disclosure policy.
Oven roasted vegetables, combined with giant couscous – my Roasted Veg Couscous couldn’t get much easier!
Lots of fresh vegetables simply roasted in the oven with some store cupboard spices, combined with giant/pearl couscous then finished off with feta, fresh mint and a squeeze of lemon. This side dish is quick and easy, and can be eaten hot or cold.
How to make Roasted Veg Couscous
- To a large sheet pan, add chopped pumpkin – see Image (1).
- Add chopped capsicum – see Image (2).
- Add chopped eggplant – see Image (3).
- Add chopped zucchini – see Image (4).
- Add chopped tomatoes – see Image (5).
- Add sliced red onion – see Image (6).
- Sprinkle cumin, garlic powder and salt & pepper over the pile of vegetables – see Image (7).
- Then mix to coat – I use my hands for this – see Image (8).
- Add olive oil and mix to coat – see Image (9) – then spread vegetables into an even layer on the baking sheet and place in oven @ 180c ff to bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle over pine nuts – see Image (10) then place back in oven to bake for a further 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven, then combine with cooked giant couscous, crumbled feta, sliced fresh mint and finish off with a squeeze of lemon to serve.
I hope you enjoy this roasted veg couscous, a tasty side dish full of flavour and jam-packed with healthy vegetables!
Roasted Veg Couscous
Roasted Veg Couscous - Lots of fresh vegetables simply roasted in the oven with some store cupboard spices, combined with giant/pearl couscous then finished off with feta, fresh mint and a squeeze of lemon.
- 250 g pumpkin chopped
- 1 small red capsicum chopped
- 1 small eggplant chopped
- 1 medium zucchini chopped
- 2 roma tomatoes chopped
- 1 small red onion sliced
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- salt & pepper
- 3 tsp olive oil divided
- 1 cup giant/pearl couscous prepared according to package instructions - see my notes for a tip for extra flavour
- 50 g danish feta crumbled
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves - loosely packed thinly sliced
- juice of a lemon optional
Pre heat oven to 180c ff / 355f.
Take a large rimmed baking sheet, and place pumpkin, capsicum, eggplant, zucchini, tomato & onion into a rough pile on the sheet.
Sprinkle vegetable pile with ground cumin, garlic powder, salt & pepper and mix to coat - I use my hands for this.
Drizzle 2 tsp of olive oil over vegetables, then mix again to coat. Spread the vegetables out evenly on the baking sheet, and bake for 20 mins.
Remove from oven, sprinkle over the pine nuts and return to the oven for a further 5 mins.
Meanwhile, cook the couscous according to packet instructions (my tip for extra flavour in the couscous is to use vegetable or chicken stock instead of water).
Place the cooked couscous in a bowl, then add the roasted vegetables plus the extra 1 tsp of olive oil. Add crumbled feta and sliced mint, mixing lightly to combine.
Drizzle over lemon juice if using, and serve.
My tip for getting some extra flavour into your giant/pearl couscous is to prepare it using vegetable or chicken stock instead of water.
If you are not sure where to find giant/pearl couscous in the supermarket, in Australia it's in the dry pasta section.
*Please note that the amount of calories per serve is provided as a guide only, as ingredients and cooking methods can vary greatly*
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.