Raspberry Mini Muffins – anything mini must be ok, right? Surely the calories count less if they get into my mouth via something so little and cute…
They taste like cinnamon donuts with raspberry filling, but in the form of little muffins you can bake in the oven. Too easy. Just mix it all in together in one bowl, and being mini they cook in a flash.
So moist and tasty, then crowned with a jam-filled raspberry…
Raspberry Mini Muffins
- 70 g salted butter softened
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup golden/raw caster sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla paste
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 cup buttermilk (see notes)
- 1 1/4 cup plain/all-purpose flour sifted
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder sifted
- 24 fresh raspberries
- 1 tbsp. raspberry jam
- Pre heat oven to 180c.
- In a large high-sided bowl, combine egg, butter, sugar & vanilla. Beat with an electric mixer for 4 mins or until light and fluffy - you will need to scrape down the sides of the bowl as you go.
- Add buttermilk & mix by hand until just combined.
- Fold in remaining dry ingredients until incorporated - don't over mix.
- Take a 24 hole (see note) mini muffin tin and divide batter evenly amongst holes - about 3 teaspoons in each.
- Place one whole raspberry on top of each muffin, point facing down, pressing down lightly to indent into batter.
- Fill inside of each raspberry with jam.
- Bake for 9 mins.