Must. Stop. Eating. Potato. Skins. - that thought actually went through my head after I took these photos of my Oven Baked Super Crispy Potato Skins!
I didn't eat ALL of them...just most of them.
I use baby coliban/chat/mini potatoes, and I bake them with a lightly spiced butter...mmmmmmmmm butter...
I also don't just use the skins, but also the fluffy insides - so you get a combination of crispy skins mixed with the crunchiest little pieces of baked potato you could ever wish for.
If you look really closely at the photo below, you can some little bubbles of the spiced butter - this shot was taken as soon as they came out of the oven.
Butter is a food group, right? Just like bacon, yeah!!! Not STRICTLY necessary, but life is boring without it...
I serve these with my version of homemade ranch dressing - you won't go back to bottled sauce again. Such a rich tasting sauce for only a few ingredients - I think you might find other things to pair it with!
Oven Baked Super Crispy Potato Skins with Homemade Ranch
- 700 g chat/mini/baby coliban potatoes - roughly even -sized
- 30 g salted butter - melted
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ ground coriander seeds
- salt & pepper to taste
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup sour cream (I use light)
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon milk
- ½ teaspoon white wine vinegar
- Pre heat oven to 200c / 390f fan forced
- Place potatoes, evenly spaced, on a large, rimmed baking sheet lined with baking/parchment paper (see note) and bake for 30 mins
- To make the homemade ranch, combine mayonnaise & sour cream, mixing until smooth
- Add garlic powder, milk & vinegar to mayo, mixing to combine (see note) & set aside
- Remove tray from oven, and while holding potatoes steady with tongs, with a sharp knife cut each potato in quarters & open up slightly to cool (about 2 mins)
- Meanwhile, in a small microwave safe bowl, melt butter, then add cumin, paprika & ground coriander seeds mixing to combine
- Using a melon baller, scoop out the flesh from each potato quarter, and place scooped flesh back on to tray amongst the skins
- Using pastry brush, brush the melted butter mixture over the potato (see note) sprinkle with salt & pepper
- Bake for 22 - 30 mins, or until crispy & well browned (see note)
- Serve immediately with homemade ranch dressing