Totally unrelated to food but I'm SOOOOOO excited!!!.....drum roll please.....I just got my FIRST email sign up for this blog!!! WOOOO HOOOO!!! (That isn't family or friends!)
Just a quick note to that fabulous random person out there, thank you so much for taking the time to sign up. You probably have no idea how much I appreciate this small act - it makes me feel like I'm heading in the right direction and my hard work is paying off. Again, thank you ♥♥♥
Anyway, back to the food...
I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE a one pot/one pan/one skillet dinner! My One Pot Sausage with Pears Potatoes & Croutons is a complete meal - all in one pan! No more boring sausage dinners either, when it's so easy to make the cheap humble sausage taste this amazing with just a few extra ingredients.
I use good quality thick pork sausages, the flavour matches perfectly with the sweet pears, with a splash of lemon for zing. The lemon also gives it all a slightly sticky sweetness when you roast it in the oven. And the croutons!!! Did I mention the croutons??? Basically they are just big fat golden crunchy bites of garlic bread sitting on top ready to be devoured - which I did after these photos were taken!
Fry up your sausages, then your potatoes and pears, then they all go in to the oven to get good and roasted. Add your croutons with 10 minutes to go, then voila! Dinner is on the table!
Table of Contents
One Pot Sausage with Pears Potatoes & Croutons
- 8 thick pork sausages
- 700 g white thin skinned potatoes 1 cm / ½ inch dice - I used chats/baby colibans
- 2 firm green pears
- 2 teaspoon rosemary leaves - finely chopped or ½ teaspoon dried
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped sage leaves - about 4 leaves or ¼ teaspoon dried chopped sage - see notes
- 2 garlic cloves crushed/minced & divided
- 1 lemon - zest & juice
- 1 tbsp. olive oil divided
- 2 ½ tbsp. butter divided
- 4 slices sourdough bread cut into 1 ½ cm / ¾ inch cubes
- Pre heat oven to 200c.
- Add 2 tsps. of olive oil and sausages to a cold oven proof skillet/pan, and fry over medium heat for 10 mins or until sausages are evenly browned - remove to a plate..
- Turn heat down to medium low.
- Add 2 tsps. oil & ½ tbsp. butter to pan, add potatoes and turn to coat evenly.
- Distribute the potatoes in one even layer in the bottom of the pan, and allow to sit untouched for 3-4 mins, then loosen the potatoes from the base of the pan using a spatula then mix to redistribute back into any even layer and allow to sit untouched for another 3-4 mins to a total of 10 mins.
- Add pears, fresh rosemary & sage to pan, nestling pears between potatoes to make direct contact with pan - allow to sit untouched for 2 mins - turn pears then cook for another 2 mins (see notes).
- Add lemon juice, zest, 1 crushed garlic clove, 1 tbsp. butter, dried herbs if using and mix to coat evenly.
- Put sausages on top of potato mixture and bake uncovered for 15 mins.
- Melt remaining 1 tbsp. butter in a heatproof bowl, add remaining crushed garlic clove.
- Add sourdough to butter mixture & using a pasty brush coat bread cubes in melted butter (see notes).
- Remove pan from oven and sprinkle over bread cubes (see notes).
- Bake uncovered for 10 mins, then serve immediately.
Leave a Reply