How cute do these look? AND super easy to make - no creaming butter and sugar - just melt and mix! They also make the perfect edible (AND homemade with LOVE) gift. Show off your baking skills (NO baking skills required!) and just accept all the compliments without actually letting on how EASY they are!!!
These Melt and Mix Shortbread Cookies have traditional Christmas flavours in a buttery biscuit, but I also think the flavours go well together for any time of year. These little beauties are a perfect balance of lightness and crumble factor. When you bite into them they don't disintegrate in to a pile of crumbs in your hand (or lap etc) but they still melt in your mouth like all good shortbread cookies should.
Perfect for that special homemade gift for your children's teachers, your neighbours, your co-workers, or just you with a cuppa in your spare five minutes!
Package them up with some pretty ribbon...
Or you can go for a more rustic feel with unwaxed kitchen string...
Which ever way you decide to package them, you can't get better than a gift cooked with love ♥
Melt & Mix Shortbread Cookies - Cranberry White Choc & Pistachio - Edible Gifts
- 250 g butter melted
- 100 g icing/confectioners sugar
- 375 g plain/all purpose flour sifted
- 60 g rice flour
- ¼ cup white chocolate chips
- ¼ cup raw pistachios
- ¼ cup craisins/dried cranberries
- pinch of fine salt
- Pre heat oven to 160c.
- Line 2 baking trays with baking/parchment paper.
- Lay out a (second) long sheet of baking paper on kitchen bench ready for rolling.
- Add sugar, flours and salt to melted butter. Mix to combine.
- Finely chop together choc chips, pistachios and craisins, then add to butter/flour mixture.
- Mix with hands to combine - then use hands to bring together dough on prepared baking paper for rolling.
- Top with a (third) matching piece of baking paper, and roll out dough to 4mm thickness.
- Using a cookie cutter (or freeform) cut out cookies and place on prepared oven tray.
- Gather scraps and re-roll to cut out remaining cookies.
- Bake for 12-13 minutes, then place on a wire rack to cool.