This Lemon Parsley Salmon Pasta is done in 20 minutes, so it’s perfect for a busy weeknight dinner. A smooth creamy sauce of chilli, lemon and garlic combined with succulent still-pink fresh salmon & some tomatoes and parsley for freshness. Just add some super quick angel hair pasta and dinner is served.
I assume that most of you are like me & are always on the lookout for quick simple dinners for a busy workday – well look no further.
And it looks so elegant on the plate. Quick AND classy.
I won’t babble on any more, keep it quick and simple, just like the pasta.
PS: looking for another quick & easy weeknight pasta dish? Try my Creamy Crab Pasta with Chilli & Basil – also done in 20 minutes.
Lemon Parsley Salmon Pasta
- 450 g fresh salmon see note
- 250 g dried angel hair pasta
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 200 g mini tomatoes - quartered (see notes)
- 1 long red chilli ribs & seeds removed - finely chopped (see notes)
- 3 plump garlic cloves crushed/minced
- 200 ml pure/pouring cream 45% milk fat
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup parsley leaves firmly packed
- Freshly grated parmesan cheese to serve
- salt to taste
- Cut salmon into even sized chunks - mine were 3 cm (1") x 2 cm (2/3") - as long as they are quite chunky & even in size (see notes).
- Meanwhile cook pasta according to packet directions.
- Heat olive oil in a large non-stick fry pan over medium high heat, add salmon & fry for 1 - 1 1/2 mins, or until coloured on all sides, remove to a plate (see notes).
- Turn pan down to medium low.
- Add tomatoes, chilli & garlic to pan, stirring for 1 - 2 minutes - don't allow the garlic to burn.
- Add cream & lemon juice to pan, bring to a simmer.
- Once simmering and cream has started to thicken slightly, add parsley and reserved salmon, stirring to combine.
- Simmer for 1 - 2 mins, or until salmon is heated.
- Add pasta to pan, stirring to combine & flake salmon chunks slightly.
- Serve with fresh parmesan cheese.