How good do these Lamb Burgers look? My mouth is watering just writing this post!
Moist and juicy spiced lamb patties wrapped in bacon, then piled onto a burger stacked with haloumi, tomato and rocket, then drizzled with a yoghurt dressing that just elevates this burger to Next Level!
Don't you just love bacon? Somehow it manages to find it's way into a lot of my cooking, and with good reason. I never met a rasher I didn't love. It's a weekly staple in our house. I have told my husband Peter for years that he could probably be vegetarian if bacon was a vegetable.
Served of course with frozen pre-made chips!!! Sorry - we just like them, and they are soooo easy. And they are also Peter's department - which means one more thing I don't have to do. So it's a win/win. (For me anyway)
Lamb Burgers with Bacon & Yoghurt Dressing
- 500 g lamb mince/ground lamb
- 1/2 red onion very finely chopped
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 4 bacon rashers cut in half lengthways
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tomatoes sliced
- 2 cups rocket leaves
- 8 slices haloumi cheese
- 4 sourdough bread rolls
- 1/2 cup greek yoghurt I use low fat
- 1/4 tsp powdered garlic
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Add red onion, rosemary and cumin to lamb and mix well to combine - I use my hands.
- Divide lamb mixture into 4, and form into patties.
- Wrap 2 half slices of bacon around each patty.
- Meanwhile heat oil in a large fry pan over medium heat.
- Fry the patties for 2- 3 mins each side, or until cooked through. In about the last 4 minutes add the haloumi slices to the pan and fry, turning after about 2 mins.
- Meanwhile combine the yoghurt, garlic powder and lemon zest and mix to combine.
- Split open the bread rolls and lightly toast the cut sides.
- Stack your burgers with a lamb patty, haloumi slices, tomato and rocket and drizzle liberally with yoghurt dressing.