Herb Cheese Bread Slices, the perfect savoury accompaniment to your next main meal, or just a quick crunchy snack because you can! (Like when I took these photos - if you look closely at the second slice from the left in the bottom photo...
...you can see where I took a bite before I rearranged for the next shot! I only realised when I looked at the finished photos that I didn't hide it very well!)
What can I say - they tasted good! Sweet basil combined with savoury sun-dried tomato and parmesan, all crisped up in the oven. Yum ?
What's your favourite cheese toast combo?
Herb Cheese Bread Slices
- 4 thick slices artisan bread I use sourdough
- 35 g salted butter softened
- 1 half sun dried tomato (not oil packed) very finely chopped
- ¼ cup basil leaves - very loosely packed very finely sliced
- 10 g freshly grated parmesan cheese divided in half
- pinch fine salt to taste (see notes)
- Pre heat oven to 180c fan forced / 355f
- Line a baking sheet/tray with baking/parchment paper & set aside
- Combine all ingredients except bread & half the parmesan cheese in a small bowl & mix well to combine
- Thickly butter one side of each slice of bread with about 1 to 1 ½ tsp of butter mixture (see notes)
- Sprinkle remaining parmesan cheese evenly over buttered bread slices, then place slices butter side up on prepared tray & bake for 10 mins
- Serve immediately