One of my favourite foods in this world is cookie dough - I know it's not very refined, AND it contains raw egg, but I just really like the taste of it! And what about half baked cookies? Again, soooo good! Enter these half baked cookie dough pots...
I was watching Nigella Lawson (again!) and she was demonstrating her recipe for Cookie Dough Pots, and I had one of those "ah-ha" moments - you know - where you think to yourself, how could I have missed this? So I decided to make my own version.
Ok - so it's not RAW cookie dough, I do bake it in the oven. But not for long, so that you get the perfect combination of lightly cooked biscuit on the edges and a gooey warm doughy centre. *Drooling* Ideal for mixing & matching in each mouthful.
Top with some vanilla ice cream and you're good to go. These pots are perfect, make ahead dinner party desserts as well, just make them earlier in the day and cover with plastic wrap/cling film in the fridge and then let them come up to room temperature before baking.
You have probably noticed in the photos above that the ramekins I have used vary in size. I did this on purpose as a bit of an experiment, which paid off. Turns out the difference in the finished product between the two ramekin sizes was not that different - perfect if (like me) you only have four ramekins of the same size but want to do more than 4 serves.
If you enjoy that half baked cookie texture as much as I do then my recipe for Chubby Hubby Cookies (made in a muffin tin) will also fit the bill. They taste just like Chubby Hubby ice cream but in biscuit form, and with soft, doughy centres. One taste tester described them as very moreish!
Anyway...back to the recipe at hand.
For those of us that like our cookie dough half baked, I give you Half Baked Cookie Dough Pots with Chef Not Required...
Half Baked Cookie Dough Pots
- 1 cup plain/all-purpose flour 150g
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 110 grams salted butter - softened
- ⅓ cup firmly packed light brown sugar 80g
- ½ tsp vanilla paste
- 1 egg
- ½ cup dark/bittersweet chocolate chips 100g
- You will need 4 ramekins approximately 8cm (3 ¼ inches) in diameter (see notes).
- Pre heat oven to 180c.
- Combine the sugar & butter in a high-sided bowl (see notes).
- Using a hand-held electric mixer, beat until light & creamy, 3 - 4 mins.
- Add egg & vanilla, again beating to incorporate.
- Sift over plain/all-purpose flour & bicarbonate of soda, then mix until combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Divide mixture evenly between ramekins, smooth tops with the back of wet teaspoon (see note).
- Bake for 13 - 15 mins - depending on your desired level of goo vs cookie ratio.
- Allow to cool for 5 - 10 mins before serving.