Quick, simple, super easy weeknight dinner - Garlic and Herb Pasta. In my humble opinion garlic, herbs & parmesan were just meant to be together. I think I have mentioned to you before, when they ask at a restaurant "would you like garlic OR herb OR cheese bread?" what I want to say is "can I have it all together in one please?"
So I give you Garlic and Herb Pasta - AND it's done in 15 minutes!
I have used Angel Hair pasta (or as my husband Peter calls it "you know - the fairy pasta" - angels/fairies - close enough - I knew what he meant!) which is my go-to pasta for a quick meal because it cooks in 2 mins - for this recipe the thing that takes the longest is boiling the water!
The first time I made this I actually used left over pasta from the previous night's dinner, so it was even quicker!
Garlic and Herb Pasta
- 250 g dried angel hair pasta (see notes)
- 80 g salted butter
- 4 garlic cloves crushed
- ⅓ cup fresh basil leaves firmly packed - some reserved for serving
- ¼ cup fresh oregano leaves loosely packed - some reserved for serving
- ⅓ cup fresh parsley leaves firmly packed - some reserved for serving
- 8 fresh sages leaves finely chopped
- 2 tbsp pine nuts
- grated fresh parmesan to serve I use about 2 tbsp for each serve - if not more!
- Boil a kettle full of water, when boiled add water to large saucepan that has been on the heat for about 3 - 5 seconds (no longer or you will end up with BOILING water everywhere) - this helps your water come back to the boil quickly
- While the kettle is boiling, heat a medium fry pan over medium heat & fry pine nuts for 1-2 mins or until golden then remove from pan and set aside
- When water in saucepan has come back to the boil, add pasta and cook according to packet directions, then drain
- Meanwhile, in original fry pan, turn heat down to medium low and add butter to melt. When butter is bubbling, add garlic and fry for 30 seconds, then add herbs, cooked pasta & pine nuts to pan and stir to coat everything in the butter
- Divide pasta between bowls, add remaining fresh herbs, top with parmesan and serve