My latest love/weakness – Chubby Hubby Cookies. Hands up who likes Ben & Jerry’s Chubby Hubby ice cream…?
Same here!!! The combination of malt, peanut butter & salty pretzels, absolute HEAVEN. So I decided to try and make cookies/biscuits with the same flavour profile – I know, sounds a bit technical – “flavour profile” – but basically I wanted them to taste like the ice cream but in cookie form…
Success!!! Chubby Hubby Cookies!!! Gorgeous bites of nutty, malty, pretzel and chocolate heaven!
Now let’s talk about the muffin tin aspect.
Cooking them in a muffin tin means the cookies/biscuits come out SUPER soft, dense & chewy, with no hard edges. If you only like your cookies with crisp, crunchy edges then these little babies definitely aren’t for you!
Chubby Hubby Cookies (made in muffin tin)
- 150 g salted butter melted
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar firmly packed
- 1/3 cup malted milk powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla paste
- 1 1/2 cups plain/all-purpose flour sifted
- 1/2 tsp baking powder sifted
- pinch of salt to taste
- 1/2 cup peanut butter chips
- 1/2 cup chopped chocolate coated mini pretzels
- 12 chocolate coated mini pretzels to decorate optional
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Pre heat oven to 180c.
- Lightly grease a 12 hole muffin tin with oil/cooking spray (see notes).
- Mix together melted butter, sugar & malted milk powder until combined and lump free - this starts the sugar melting.
- Add egg & vanilla, mix to combine.
- Add flour & baking powder, mix until combined.
- Add peanut butter chips & chopped pretzels, mix to combine (see notes).
- Divide mixture between muffin tin holes - you will have about 2 tablespoons of batter in each.
- Squash mixture lightly into holes, top with pretzels (if using) pressing on top to indent slightly.
- Bake for 11 mins.
- Allow to cool in tin for 15 mins before serving.