Chocolate, with savoury peanut butter, then add salty pretzels – drooling yet? Try my Chocolate Peanut Butter Bites with Pretzels. Try putting a whole one in your mouth upside-down…wow!!!!
You get lovely little bursts of salt, followed by all the creamy chocolately crunchy nutty goodness. A taste & texture flavour bomb!
My taste inspiration for these was Chubby Hubby ice cream, which I also called on for my Chubby Hubby Cookies (made in a muffin tin) which are the softest, thickest cookies EVER with no dry, hard edges. Mmmmm.
Anyway, back to what I was saying…
So easy, just melt & mix, sprinkle then refrigerate. Dangerously simple. I apologise.
Who am I kidding – no apologies! We’re all grown-ups here – I/you don’t need to eat the lot – but no judgment from me if you do! I ate far more than my fair share…
Great, now the ones that are still in my fridge are calling me…
Chocolate Peanut Butter Bites with Pretzels
- 320 g dark milk chocolate broken into rough squares (see notes)
- 1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter (see notes)
- 20 g mini pretzels roughly chopped
- 25 g roasted unsalted peanuts roughly chopped
- Line a 24 hole mini muffin tin with mini muffin liners/mini cupcake liners.
- Combine chopped pretzels & peanuts, set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, heat chocolate over low heat for about 2 mins, or until just melted.
- Add peanut butter to chocolate, mixing to melt until smooth & combined.
- Pour chocolate mixture into a heatproof jug, then pour chocolate evenly between muffin tin holes.
- Sprinkle the top of each chocolate cup with peanut & pretzel mixture - pressing down slightly if needed (see note).
- Refrigerate for 1 1/2 hours or until set, serve cold.