You want fudge, but don't have a candy thermometer...this Chocolate Coffee Fudge is so easy, no thermometer required.
Just melt your ingredients together and mix for a few minutes, then stick it in the fridge & you're done. No fuss, just fudge.
Well, my cheat's version of fudge anyway.
I decided to put Maltesers on top just because I like them! Simple. I used ones coated in dark chocolate, but you could use milk, or leave them off altogether, your choice.
I think you know my choice...
Chocolate Coffee Fudge (No Thermometer)
- 1 x 385 g can Nestle Milk & Coffee (see notes)
- 400 g milk chocolate (26% cocoa solids) roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 2 tablespoon golden/raw caster sugar
- 36 Maltesers (I used used dark) optional
- Combine all ingredients except Maltesers in a medium saucepan, and stir continually over low heat for 8 mins, until completely melted & smooth.
- Grease & line a 18 x 18 cm / 7 x 7 " (base measurement) baking pan/tin with baking/parchment paper.
- Pour chocolate mixture into prepared tin (no need to spread - the mixture will naturally settle)
- If using Maltesers, evenly place Maltesers in a grid pattern on top of chocolate mixture, pressing down slightly to indent (see photos)
- Refrigerate uncovered for 2 ½ - 3 hours minimum, or overnight then slice in 16 squares & serve