These little Caramel Lava Puddings are the absolute bomb! Chocolate pudding on the outside, with a molten lava centre of almond butter and caramel. The first time I made these was for our wedding anniversary (after I ran to photograph them straight from the oven!)
My husband Peter and I took a spoonful each and just looked at each other...you know...one of those shared romantic moments...you know what I mean...and we both just looked a bit stunned for a second...then I said it..."winner winner chicken dinner!" Sorry to ruin the moment, I'm such a dork, but it seemed appropriate at the time. Dumb I know - NOT chicken and NOT dinner but still it felt like a home run moment and I sort of thought that's what all the cool people say. (Maybe?)
The great thing about these little pots of pudding/lava is the combination of cakey pudding with a slightly crusty top and gooey lava all combining together in one glorious mouthful. YUM
Choc Nut Caramel Lava Puddings
- 100 g milk chocolate
- 100 g dark chocolate
- 65 g butter roughly chopped
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup single cream pouring
- 3 eggs
- 3 tbsp. plain / all purpose flour sifted
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
- 4 tbsp. almond butter
- 4 tbsp. thick caramel spread I used Bonne Maman
- Pre heat oven to 200C/390F.
- Snap chocolate into squares and combine with butter in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave on full power in 20 second bursts, stirring well after each burst until melted and smooth.
- Add brown sugar and mix well to combine. Add flour and mix well.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Divide batter between 4 x 11/4 cup capacity oven proof dishes/ramekins and refrigerate uncovered for about 2 hours (this helps create the slight crust on top and stops the caramel mixture sinking straight to the bottom).
- Combine caramel and almond butter and divide into quarters. Roughly shape each quarter into a ball/blob with 2 spoons and sit one on top of each pudding, pushing down slightly until they are about half submerged.
- Bake in oven for 20 minutes. Allow to sit for 5 minutes then serve.