One pot meal, one pan dinner, tray bake, one pot wonder...you know the deal. Super simple cook & cleanup! Well here's another one...
Bacon Wrapped Sausages with Apples & Potatoes - this meal is one of our home favourites.
Cheap & cheerful, and packed with smoky bacon flavour - and as you know from many of my other recipes - one of my go-to's is "bacon makes everything better". We eat a lot of bacon in our house, I reckon that if bacon was a vegetable then my husband Peter could be a vegetarian! (It would be only way to convert him!)
See those nice dark bits on the edge of the pan? They are the best bits! The recipe includes lemon juice, and the natural sugars in the juice tend to caramelize as the whole thing bakes......mmmmmmm.......sooo goood.......
That's enough drooling, time for dinner. Can you guess what we're having???
That's right - you guessed it,
Bacon Wrapped Sausages with Apples & Potatoes (reheated from yesterday morning's photo shoot - but still good!)
Bacon Wrapped Sausages with Apples & Potatoes
- 8 thick pork sausages
- 4 rashers streaky bacon halved lengthways
- 700 g chat/mini potatoes about golf ball size
- 2 apples I used red delicious
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- juice of 1 lemon usually approx 2 ½ tbsp
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 tbsp whole grain mustard
- 16 toothpicks
- Pre heat oven to 200c fan forced/ 390f
- Add olive oil to a large baking tray and put in oven to heat immediately (while oven is preheating) for 10-15 mins, meanwhile cut potatoes into quarters (or eighths if larger)
- After 10 - 15 mins or when oven has come to temperature, remove oiled pan from oven, add potatoes & toss well to coat in oil then smooth them out into a single layer. Return pan with potatoes to oven & roast for 12 mins as you prepare other ingredients
- Wrap one piece of bacon diagonally around each sausage and secure at each end with a toothpick
- Lastly, cut apples in to eighths, removing the core & seeds
- Add apple, lemon juice, mustard, garlic & rosemary leaves to potatoes and toss well to coat. Place sausages on top of veg in roasting pan, then bake for 20 mins
- Remove from oven and toss well, bake for a further 25 mins or until sausages & potatoes are cooked through
- Serve immediately