These little beauties are the easiest biscuits/cookies ever...the dough itself has only three (yes THREE) ingredients! - I don't count the pinch of salt!
I then added about ¼ teaspoon of raspberry jam to the centre of the cookies, which gives you Peanut Butter & Jelly Cookies.
Super easy to make, and they taste soooo gooood...
PS: I have dedicated these biscuits to my lovely father-in-law Frank. I don't think he's ever met a biscuit/cookie that he didn't like!
When Peter and I were first married and my in-laws used to come and stay with us, I would make my own homemade biscuits every visit for Frank, and he would sing my praises, telling how great my biscuits were...I thought I was just the bees' knees! After a few more visits - and more biscuit baking - I boasted to Peter "your dad LOVES my biscuits! *insert proud and boastful grin here*" To which Peter replied "I wouldn't get too excited - Dad just likes biscuits!" *insert disappointed frowny face here*
During their next visit, Peter thought he would get a laugh AND take me down a peg or two, and informed Frank that he had set me straight regarding the biscuits. To which Frank quickly replied "what did you tell her that for?- now she won't make me any more biscuits!"
Smart man my father-in-law.
3 Ingredient Cookie Dough - Peanut butter & Jelly Thumbprint Cookies
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter I use one with no added sugar or salt
- ¾ cup caster sugar
- 1 egg
- pinch of fine salt to balance out sweetness
- 2-3 tbsp. raspberry jam
- Pre heat oven to 180c.
- Line a baking try with greaseproof/baking paper.
- Mix first 4 ingredients together until well combined.
- Roll mixture in to balls using 2 teaspoon (measured) of dough per ball.
- Place on baking tray. Leave a little space between cookies - they will spread a little (but not a lot) then use your knuckle (not your thumb) to put an indent in the dough balls.
- Add ¼ teaspoon of raspberry jam to the centre of each cookie.
- Bake for 10 mins.
- Allow to cool on tray for 20 mins before serving.