Chocolate, savoury peanut butter, salty pretzels – drooling yet? Try my Chocolate Peanut Butter Bites with Pretzels. Put a whole one in your mouth upside-down…wow!!!!
You get lovely little bursts of salt, followed by all the creamy chocolately crunchy nutty goodness. A taste & texture flavour bomb. My taste inspiration for these was Chubby Hubby ice cream, which I also called on for my Chubby Hubby Cookies (made in a muffin tin) which are the softest, thickest cookies EVER with no dry, hard edges. Mmmmm.
Anyway, back to what I was saying…
So easy, just melt & mix, sprinkle then refrigerate. Dangerously simple.
Great, now the ones that are still in my fridge are calling me…
A delicious combination of salty crunchy pretzels, savoury peanuts & chocolate.
- 320 g dark milk chocolate - broken into rough squares (see note)
- ½ cup crunchy peanut butter (see note)
- 20 g mini pretzels - roughly chopped
- 25 g roasted unsalted peanuts - roughly chopped
- Line a 24 hole mini muffin tin with mini muffin liners/mini cupcake liners
- Combine chopped pretzels & peanuts, set aside
- In a medium saucepan, heat chocolate over low heat for about 2 mins, or until just melted
- Add peanut butter to chocolate, mixing to melt until smooth & combined
- Pour chocolate mixture into a heatproof jug, then pour chocolate evenly between muffin tin holes
- Sprinkle the top of each chocolate cup with peanut & pretzel mixture - pressing down slightly if needed (see note)
- Refrigerate for 1½ hours or until set, serve cold
I used crunchy peanut butter for extra texture, but you could substitute it for smooth if you like.
Once you have topped the little chocolate cups with the peanut/pretzel mixture, you may need to press the pieces in VERY slightly, just so they are all anchored to the chocolate, but not so much that they sink entirely.