Rocket and Pear Salad
Rocket and Pear Salad - peppery rocket combined with sweet pears and savoury parmesan cheese with a zingy mustard dressing.
Servings 4 as a side
- 120 g rocket arugula (approx 3-4 cups firmly packed)
- 2 medium sized pears I used beurre bosc
- 30 g fresh parmesan shaved (approx ⅓ cup)
- 2 tbsp pine nuts
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- fine salt to taste
In a small fry pan, toast the pine nuts (2 tbsp) over medium heat until lightly browned and set aside.
To make the dressing, combine wholegrain mustard (1 tbsp), lemon juice (1 tbsp), olive oil (2 tbsp) and salt to taste in a medium bowl and mix together then set aside.
Core and thinly slice the pears (2 medium pears), then immediately add pear slices to the bowl with the dressing and mix to coat to avoid browning.
Add rocket to a large bowl, then add parmesan (30g or ⅓ cup), reserved pine nuts and pear slices (with remaining dressing from the bottom of the bowl) and toss lightly to combine. Serve immediately.
*Please note that the amount of calories per serve is provided as a guide only, as ingredients and cooking methods can vary greatly*
- I use a vegetable peeler to shave the fresh parmesan.
- You could substitute walnuts for the pine nuts if you prefer.
- This salad is best made and served straight away.