Risoni Salad - a fast and easy pasta salad using cherry tomatoes and fresh herbs with a simple chargrilled capsicum dressing.
Servings 4 as a side
- 250 g risoni (orzo) pasta 9 oz
- 200 g cherry tomatoes 7 oz
- 1 cup fresh flat leaf parsley leaves firmly packed - chopped
- ⅓ cup fresh basil leaves firmly packed - chopped
- ¾ cup chargrilled capsicum (packed in oil) 150 g - chopped (with 2 tbsp oil reserved)
- ¼ cup feta 35 g - crumbled
- fine salt to taste
Cook risoni (orzo) pasta (250 g/9 oz) according to package directions and drain.
Mix packing oil (2 tbsp) from the chargrilled capsicum through the warm pasta.
Chop cherry tomatoes (200 g/7 oz), then add to the pasta along with the parsley (1 cup), basil (⅓ cup), chargrilled capsicum (¾ cup) and feta (¼ cup). Mix well to combine.
Add salt to taste and serve.
*Please note that the amount of calories per serve is provided as a guide only, as ingredients and cooking methods can vary greatly*
- Using the oil that the chargrilled capsicum is packed in means you get free flavour to dress your pasta. I love using this pantry staple - not only is the capsicum itself a great ingredient, but the flavoursome oil it's packed in is liquid gold!
- Adding the oil to the still-warm pasta enables the pasta to soak up some of that tasty oil.
- You could use a mixture of cherry tomatoes if you like.
- If the tomatoes are small then you only need to halve them, but if they are a bit larger chop them in quarters.
- Check for seasoning at the very end (after you have added the feta) and then add salt to taste. Feta adds it's own lemony, salty hit to the salad.