Lamb Lollipops with Herbs
Lamb Lollipops with Herbs - tender, juicy lamb cutlets with a simple fresh herb and garlic crust grilled to perfection.
- 12 lamb lollipops (cutlets) trimmed to your liking
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh rosemary leaves finely chopped
- 1½ tbsp fresh thyme leaves finely chopped
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
Combine finely chopped rosemary (2 tbsp of leaves) and finely chopped thyme (1½ tbsp of leaves) then set aside.
Rub both sides of lamb cutlets with olive oil (2 tbsp - there will be some leftover) and reserve the remaining oil for frying.
Sprinkle garlic powder (1 tsp) and salt and pepper (to taste) evenly between the cutlets - don't forget the back!
Then sprinkle each side of the cutlets with the combined rosemary and thyme.
Heat remaining olive oil in a pan, and fry cutlets (or grill/broil) over medium-high heat (turning once) until cooked to your liking (see notes).
*Please note that the amount of calories per serve is provided as a guide only, as ingredients and cooking methods can vary greatly*
- How long you cook your lamb lollipops for on each side comes down to your personal preference. For me, cooking cuts of lamb like this is a bit like cooking a steak - some people like theirs pink in the centre, others don't! For me, it's usually about 4 minutes on each side - but keep in mind the thickness of the cutlet meat can vary a lot.
- These cutlets would also be great cooked on a bbq. They make great bbq or cookout fare - they even come with in-built handles!