Malteser Rocky Road
Malteser Rocky Road - a crunchy/chewy combination of maltesers and marshmallows, covered in milk chocolate.
- 200 g milk chocolate broken into squares
- 20 g salted butter
- 140 g Maltesers
- 110 g Turkish delight roughly chopped - I used 2 x 55g chocolate covered Turkish delight bars
- 50 g white mini marshmallows plus extra to decorate
- 35 g granulated (finely chopped) peanuts plus extra to decorate
- 20 g desiccated coconut plus extra to decorate
Grease and line a 20cm/8" square pan (see my notes) and set aside.
Place the milk chocolate (200g) and salted butter (20g) in bowl, and microwave in 30 second bursts (stirring between each with a metal spoon) until melted, then mix to combine chocolate and butter.
Add the Maltesers (140g), mini marshmallows (50g), chopped Turkish delight (110g), granulated nuts (35g) and desiccated coconut (20g) to the chocolate mixture and mix well to combine.
Spread the mixture into the prepared pan. Sprinkle the top with extra mini marshmallows, nuts and coconut then refrigerate for 2 hours or until set.
*Please note that the amount of calories per serve is provided as a guide only, as ingredients and cooking methods can vary greatly*
- Even though this is a no bake slice, I still advise greasing and lining the pan as this will help you get it out of the tin once it's set. Make sure you leave some baking paper overhanging the sides for easy removal.
- Don't worry if some of the chocolate covering on the Maltesers melts off when you add them to the melted chocolate. That's normal! If there are any poking through the top that look a little bare just sprinkle them with the reserved nuts or coconut, or plonk a mini marshmallow on them!
- Not keen on turkish delight? Substitute another soft jelly lolly like raspberry lollies.
- Don't want to use peanuts? You could substitute another kind of nut, or leave them out altogether.
- Once the slice has set, just take it out of the fridge and let it sit for 10 minutes before slicing.