Tomato and Bocconcini Salad
Tomato and Bocconcini Salad - a fresh and colourful salad of tomatoes with cherry bocconcini and fresh herbs.
Servings 6 as a side
- 500 g cherry/mini tomatoes (1lb)
- 220 g cherry bocconcini (8oz)
- ⅓ cup fresh basil leaves
- ¼ cup fresh mint leaves
- 1½ tbsp garlic infused olive oil (see notes)
- juice of half a lemon to taste
- salt & pepper to taste
Slice the tomatoes (500g/1lb) and cherry bocconcini (220g/8oz) in half and add to a bowl.
Add fresh basil leaves (⅓ cup) and fresh mint leaves (¼ cup) to the same bowl and toss lightly to combine.
Add garlic infused olive oil (1½ tbsp), lemon juice (juice of ½ a lemon - to taste), and salt & pepper to taste - serve immediately.
*Please note that the amount of calories per serve is provided as a guide only, as ingredients and cooking methods can vary greatly*
- Flavoured olive oils are readily available in the supermarket along side their plain counterpart.
- I have used cherry bocconcini cheese for this recipe, but if you can't find them you could substitute any other fresh mozzarella and just cut it to size.
- Any kind of cherry/mini tomatoes will do - whatever is available and takes your fancy. I have used a mixture of colours for visual effect, totally optional!
- Not a fan of mint? Just sub for more basil!
- This recipe is best made just before serving. If you would like to make it ahead I would add the fresh herbs and dressing (olive oil, lemon juice, salt & pepper) just before serving.
- Have a little taste of your garlic infused olive oil before you use it as they can vary in garlic strength. If you think that the garlic flavour might be a bit strong, you can easily dilute it with plain olive oil.