Salmon With Pesto Crust
Salmon with Pesto Crust - fresh salmon fillets, topped with basil pesto, parmesan and panko crumbs then oven-baked. Dinner in 20 minutes!
- 4 fresh salmon fillets skinless
- 2 tbsp basil pesto
- ⅔ cup panko breadcrumbs
- ⅓ cup finely grated fresh parmesan
- 1 tbsp olive oil
Preheat oven to 180c / 350f.
Line a baking tray with baking paper and set aside.
Place basil pesto, panko breadcrumbs and finely grated fresh parmesan cheese in a bowl, and mix well to combine.
Brush the top of the salmon fillets with a little olive oil, then top the salmon fillets with the pesto crust mixture, pressing down well.
Place the fillets on to the baking tray, and brush the sides of the fillets with a little more olive oil.
Bake for 10 minutes (depending on the thickness of your fillets) or to your liking.
*Please note that the amount of calories per serve is provided as a guide only, as ingredients and cooking methods can vary greatly*
- It's always a good idea to give your salmon fillets a quick once-over, feeling for any pin bones that may have been missed that need to be removed.
- If you are one of my regular readers, this is going to come as no surprise when I say that I recommend that you make your own basil pesto. It seriously only takes a few minutes, and the flavour is amazing! I promise you won't go back to store-bought! This pesto crusted salmon will still taste great even if you don't make your own pesto though!
- The cooking time will depend on the thickness of your salmon fillets. My fillets were 3cm / 1.25" at the thickest part, and they took 10 minutes.
- Panko breadcrumbs are Japanese style breadcrumbs - see this post for more info.