The Best Peach Sorbet Without Ice Cream Maker
The Best Peach Sorbet Without Ice Cream Maker - simple 3 ingredient peach sorbet that tastes like summer in a bowl, with no need for an ice cream maker!
- 8 ripe yellow peaches - fresh or frozen 800g sliced & peeled
- 200 g caster sugar (see notes)
- 1 tbsp* lemon juice to taste (see notes)
Slice the peaches into 8, and peel each slice.
Place peach slices in the bowl of a food processor, along with sugar and process until smooth, scraping down the sides as you go.
Once smooth, add lemon juice to taste.
Freeze for 6-7 hours, or until firm.
*Please note that the amount of calories per serve is provided as a guide only, as ingredients and cooking methods can vary greatly*
- * Don't add all of the lemon juice in at once - you need to add it to taste. It also may seem like a strange ingredient, but it really brings out the flavour of the peaches.
- The ratio of fruit to sugar you are looking for to get the right consistency is basically 4:1 fruit to sugar. I work this out is by weight. I weigh the sliced & peeled fruit, then divide it by 4, which is the amount of sugar I add.
- In this recipe, my sliced peaches weighed 800g, so divide that by 4 and you get 200g.
- If you want to scale the recipe up or down, it should still be a good consistency as long as you stick with that ratio of 4:1 fruit to sugar.