Pork Chops with Pears and Lemon
One-pan tray bake with pork, pears, rosemary, garlic and lemon with some salty prosciutto to top it all off.
- 4 thick pork cutlets
- 2 tblsp olive oil
- 2 lemons - juice and zest finely grated
- 800 g mini potatoes cut into 8ths
- 4 brown Beurre Bosc pears cored and cut into 8ths
- 1 large garlic clove crushed/minced
- 1 tblsp fresh rosemary - finely chopped 1 tsp dried
- 1/2 tblsp dried sage leaves
- 4 thin slices prosciutto roughly chopped
Pre heat oven to 200C.
Place potatoes and 1 tblsp of the oil in a baking dish and toss to coat.
Roast for 20 mins.
Remove from oven, add pork cutlets, pears, herbs, garlic, prosciutto and remaining 1 tblsp of oil and toss to coat.
Roast for 15 mins.
Remove from oven, add lemon juice and zest and toss to coat. Turn cutlets.
Roast for 5 mins, then serve.
Thick cutlets are best for this recipe - I aim for about 1 inch/2.5 cm thick. This helps the pork stay moist. If your cutlets are a bit on the thinner side maybe think about shortening the cooking time by a minute or 2.
*Please note that the amount of calories per serve is provided as a guide only, as ingredients and cooking methods can vary greatly*