4 Ingredient Banana Bread
My 4 ingredient banana bread uses ripe bananas and pantry staples to make an easy homemade banana bread that you can customize to make your own!
Servings 9 generous slices
- 3 bananas (large and overripe)
- 270 g self raising flour
- 2 eggs
- 155 g granulated sugar
Pre heat oven to 180c.
Grease and line a 23 x 13cm (9" x 5") loaf pan and set aside.
Place bananas in a bowl and mash them with a fork or a potato masher until well mashed and mostly smooth.
Add eggs and sugar then mix lightly to combine.
155 g granulated sugar, 2 eggs
Add self raising flour, then mix until just combined - don't overmix.
270 g self raising flour
Pour mixture into prepared loaf pan and bake for 40 - 50 minutes, or until browned on top and a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Allow to cool in the tin for a few minutes then slice.
*Please note that the amount of calories per serve is provided as a guide only, as ingredients and cooking methods can vary greatly*
- You want to have really well mashed bananas for this recipe, they should end up almost like banana puree. If you want to get out extra equipment you could puree them in a food processor if you like.
- I generally break the bananas down with a potato masher first, then finish mashing them with a fork. Whatever works for you is fine.
- Can't find self raising flour? It's easy to make your own, for every cup of plain flour (150g) add 2 teaspoon baking powder and sift well to combine.
- Once you have added the self raising flour to the wet ingredients, don't over mix it. You want to mix until it is just combined, this will help your banana bread come out soft and fluffy not tough.