Brandy Butter Sauce
Brandy Butter Sauce - this hard sauce melts into a golden river of creamy, buttery brandy sauce when it hits your warm Christmas pudding or dessert.
Servings 8 or more
- 150 g butter - soften slightly, but not melted (5oz)
- 70 g confectioner's sugar / icing sugar (2½oz) sifted
- 70 g light brown sugar (2½oz)
- 1/4 tsp mixed spice
- pinch ground cloves
- 3 tbsp brandy
Place softened butter (150g/5oz) in a bowl and beat with a hand-held mixer until fluffy.
Add sugars (70g/2½oz each of light brown & icing sugar) and mix to combine.
Add mixed spice (¼tsp), ground cloves (a pinch) and brandy (3 tbsp), mixing to combine.
Refrigerate for 1 hour to become firm.
*Please note that the amount of calories per serve is provided as a guide only, as ingredients and cooking methods can vary greatly*
- In the recipe I have specified refrigerating the finished butter mixture to become firm - I suppose strictly speaking this is not totally necessary. But. If you are like me and you like the whole idea of the sauce melting before your eyes, AND the different textures as you eat it - some totally warm & runny, some still a bit firm but soft - then it's better served once it's firmed up in the fridge.
- You could also substitute rum or other alcohol for the brandy.