Double Mustard and Garlic Sauce
Double Mustard and Garlic Sauce - a simple no cook butter sauce with mustard, garlic & chives. Just melt, mix and serve.
- 150 g salted butter
- 1 garlic clove crushed (see notes)
- 3/4 tbsp finely chopped fresh chives
- 2 tsp dijon mustard (see notes)
- 2 tsp french mustard (see notes)
Place the butter in a microwave safe jug, microwave for 50 to 60 seconds or until melted (see notes)
Add garlic, chives, dijon mustard and french mustard then whisk with a fork for about 2 - 3 mins until sauce is thick and creamy (see notes)
*Please note that the amount of calories per serve is provided as a guide only, as ingredients and cooking methods can vary greatly*
- When you first add the ingredients and mix this sauce it will look split! Never fear...just keep whisking...at around about the 2 - 3 minute mark it will miraculously (and quickly!) change to a thick, creamy sauce. Magic!
- When I melt my butter in the microwave I use a 2 cup capacity Pyrex glass jug (no they aren't paying me!) that way I can just pour the sauce straight out when it's done.
- I also rest a piece of kitchen towel on top of the jug, that way it saves my microwave getting the odd splatter.
- Before you crush your garlic clove, make sure to core it first. There is more info on this in my free ebook, which you will receive if you subscribe (for free too!) - see box in the side bar on the right >>>>
- You have probably noticed I have included 2 kinds of mustard in the recipe. (double mustard!) I think that this really makes the sauce full-flavoured because the dijon & french mustards taste quite different. I tend to use mustard combinations a lot when I cook.
- FYI, sometimes you will have to hunt around for french mustard in Australia. Not sure why - I use it a lot! For the aussies reading this, I found it in my local IGA supermarket.