This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my Privacy & Disclosure policy.
Salmon with Avocado Salsa
This grilled Salmon with Avocado Salsa recipe is my current favourite dinner! It’s low carb, has plenty of good fats PLUS it’s quick and tastes great!
I LOVE it when that happens! Score! Unfortunately, there are just too many times in my life when the carbs win so I get excited by these little nutritional victories!
I have combined crispy browned spiced salmon fillets with a fresh avocado salsa with orange and cilantro (coriander).
How to make grilled salmon with avocado salsa
- First step is to combine your spices – sweet paprika, garlic powder and ground cumin, then sprinkle this mixture onto the salmon fillets. Add salt & pepper to taste.
- Then heat a little olive oil in a pan and fry the salmon fillets – about 3 – 4 minutes on the first side, then flip over and fry for a few more minutes or until cooked to your liking.
- While the salmon is cooking, combine your salsa ingredients – avocadoes, oranges, red onion & lime juice.
- Once the salmon is finished, top with the avocado salsa and serve.
Looking for more salmon recipes?
If you want a quick & nutritious dinner to feed your family that tastes amazing then this salmon salsa recipe is ideal!
Low carb grilled salmon with avocado salsa is one healthy little flavour bomb, plus I can see it making a great date night dinner too!
Salmon with Avocado Salsa
Salmon with Avocado Salsa - spiced and grilled salmon topped with fresh avocado and orange salsa. A quick and tasty low carb dinner.
- 4 salmon fillets skin off
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil for frying
- 2 small avocadoes diced
- 2 navel oranges segmented and diced
- ¼ red / spanish onion finely chopped (see notes)
- ¼ cup cilantro / coriander leaves firmly packed, then roughly chopped
- 2 limes juice only
In a small bowl combine the ground cumin (1 tsp), sweet paprika (1 tsp) and garlic powder (1 tsp), then sprinkle this spice mixture evenly over both sides of the salmon fillets. Then sprinkle salt and pepper to taste.
Heat the olive oil (1 tbsp) in a frying pan over medium heat, then add salmon fillets to the pan and fry without turning for 3-4 mins, then flip over and continue to cook for 1-2 more mins or until salmon is cooked to your liking.
Meanwhile, combine the salsa ingredients and set aside.
Once salmon is cooked, top with salsa and serve immediately.
I like to rinse the slices of red onion under cold running water before I chop them, this takes some of the bite out of the raw onion - totally optional.
*Please note that the amount of calories per serve is provided as a guide only, as ingredients and cooking methods can vary greatly*