Salmon with Avocado Salsa
This grilled Salmon with Avocado Salsa recipe is my current favourite dinner! It's low carb, has plenty of good fats PLUS it's quick and tastes great!
I LOVE it when that happens! Score! Unfortunately, there are just too many times in my life when the carbs win so I get excited by these little nutritional victories!
I have combined crispy browned spiced salmon fillets with a fresh avocado salsa with orange and cilantro (coriander).
Table of Contents
How to make grilled salmon with avocado salsa
- First step is to combine your spices - sweet paprika, garlic powder and ground cumin, then sprinkle this mixture onto the salmon fillets. Add salt & pepper to taste.
- Then heat a little olive oil in a pan and fry the salmon fillets - about 3 - 4 minutes on the first side, then flip over and fry for a few more minutes or until cooked to your liking.
- While the salmon is cooking, combine your salsa ingredients - avocadoes, oranges, red onion & lime juice.
- Once the salmon is finished, top with the avocado salsa and serve.
Other recipes you might enjoy
Lemon Parsley Salmon Pasta - a smooth creamy sauce of chilli, garlic & lemon combined with still-pink salmon, with tomatoes & parsley for freshness.
Mango Pico De Gallo - a fresh, chunky style salsa salad with fresh mango, tomato, cilantro, chilli, red onion and avocado then finished off with lime juice.
Jeera Rice - with fried whole cumin seeds plus onion and garlic together with basmati rice, this Jeera Rice (cumin rice) recipe is packed with flavour and so easy!
If you want a quick & nutritious dinner to feed your family that tastes amazing then this salmon salsa recipe is ideal!
Low carb grilled salmon with avocado salsa is one healthy little flavour bomb, plus I can see it making a great date night dinner too!
Salmon with Avocado Salsa
- 4 salmon fillets skin off
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil for frying
- 2 small avocadoes diced
- 2 navel oranges segmented and diced
- ¼ red / spanish onion finely chopped (see notes)
- ¼ cup cilantro / coriander leaves firmly packed, then roughly chopped
- 2 limes juice only
- In a small bowl combine the ground cumin (1 tsp), sweet paprika (1 tsp) and garlic powder (1 tsp), then sprinkle this spice mixture evenly over both sides of the salmon fillets. Then sprinkle salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat the olive oil (1 tbsp) in a frying pan over medium heat, then add salmon fillets to the pan and fry without turning for 3-4 mins, then flip over and continue to cook for 1-2 more mins or until salmon is cooked to your liking.
- Meanwhile, combine the salsa ingredients and set aside.
- Once salmon is cooked, top with salsa and serve immediately.