Just before I get to this DELICIOUS looking recipe for an Easy Creamy Chicken Pasta Bake...a note of apology and thanks.
For those of you who subscribe, and so receive every new recipe via email (for free, no catches! See box below the "About Me" section on the right hand side →→→ of this page if you're interested!) my apologies because the last one was really hard to read!
I had some technical issues (not due to me thankfully!) so when my IT person - me asking Dr Google - fixed it, she obviously didn't do a very good job!
Lucky for you AND me that my cooking skills far outweigh my IT skills!
I do apologise, hopefully the email of this post will be nice and clear with normal sized text and photo! Thank you to every one of you who didn't just hit unsubscribe!
Anyway...on to the recipe!
Easy Creamy Chicken Pasta Bake. Just as advertised, super simple creamy sauce with only 2 ingredients, then just add your bacon and ziti/penne pasta and bake this pasta casserole in the oven.
This creamy chicken pasta casserole would be perfect for those nights when you don't have a lot of time, but need something filling to feed the family.
It's a great way to use up any leftover rotisserie chicken, or in Australia what we call a BBQ Chicken - don't know why because it's not barbecued! I have also used smoked bacon, you can taste the extra flavour from the smoke through the whole dish. Yum. Plus who doesn't love a creamy pasta bake?
I hope you enjoy this creamy chicken and bacon pasta bake, or bbq chicken pasta bake to us Aussies!
Some more leftover chicken recipes you might like
One Pot Creamy Chicken Gnocchi - creamy chicken gnocchi soup made with leftover rotisserie chicken but NO cream!
Chicken Mornay Baked Potatoes - loaded baked potatoes topped with a creamy chicken, bacon and avocado mornay sauce.
Chicken Stuffing Bake - so easy to make from scratch, no stuffing mix required.
Easy Creamy Chicken Pasta Bake
- 2 cups leftover shredded chicken about 200g
- 250 g dried macaroni pasta (see notes)
- pinch of fine salt very small pinch!
- 4 rashers smoked bacon roughly chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves crushed
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 300 ml pure cream
- 2 teaspoon butter
- ⅔ cup fresh parmesan cheese grated (50g)
- ⅓ cup shredded mozzarella not fresh (40g)
- Pre heat oven to 180c ff / 355 f
- Cook pasta according to packet directions (I only add a very small pinch of salt to the water) minus 1 min, then drain & return to pot, adding 2 teaspoon of butter and stirring lightly to coat
- While pasta is cooking, place bacon in a small non-stick fry pan/skillet and fry for 6-8 mins, then add garlic and rosemary to pan & continue to fry for 1 min then remove pan from heat
- Add bacon mixture to cooked pasta & stir lightly to mix, then add cream & shredded parmesan to pasta, mixing to coat, then add chicken & mix again until incorporated
- Tip chicken and pasta mixture into an a baking dish, top with shredded mozzarella and bake uncovered for about 20 mins, or until peaks are lightly browned, then serve immediately