Who doesn’t like a quick and easy one-pot bake? My Sausage Bake with Tomato & Apple is on the table in 45 minutes!
I’m not kidding, just mix it up, lay your sausages on top & put it in the oven. Dinner is done. And of course tastes great too – can’t beat that.
As you can see from the photos, definitely no “chefiness” required…
Let me know what you think,
A quick & tasty weeknight one-pot bake of sausages, tomatoes & apples flavoured with mustard & rosemary
- 8 thick pork sausages
- 500 g roma tomatoes (about 4-5) halved lengthways & each half cut into 6
- 2 large green apples (skin still on) cored & cut into eights
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp finely chopped rosemary leaves
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- Preheat oven to 220 c / 425 f fan forced
- Combine tomato & apple in a baking dish (see note)
- Add vinegar, olive oil, rosemary & mustard to tomato & apple in baking dish, turning to coat thoroughly
- Evenly place sausages in a single layer on top of tomato mixture
- Bake for 35 mins, turning sausages after 15 mins
- Serve immediately
By laying the sausages on top of the tomato & apple, you will have some pieces that will hold their shape & not cook down as much due to being shielded by the sausages. I quite like this in the finished dish, as it adds texture. If you would rather that not happen, you will need to use a larger baking dish/skillet and nestle the sausages down into the tomato & apple mixture.