These little beauties are the easiest biscuits/cookies ever…the dough itself has only three (yes THREE) ingredients! – I don’t count the pinch of salt!
I then added about 1/4 teaspoon of raspberry jam to the centre of the cookies, which gives you Peanut Butter & Jelly Cookies.
Super easy to make, and they taste soooo gooood…
PS: I have dedicated these biscuits to my lovely father-in-law Frank. I don’t think he’s ever met a biscuit/cookie that he didn’t like!
When Peter and I were first married and my in-laws used to come and stay with us, I would make my own homemade biscuits every visit for Frank, and he would sing my praises, telling how great my biscuits were…I thought I was just the bees’ knees! After a few more visits – and more biscuit baking – I boasted to Peter “your dad LOVES my biscuits! *insert proud and boastful grin here*” To which Peter replied “I wouldn’t get too excited – Dad just likes biscuits!” *insert disappointed frowny face here*
During their next visit, Peter thought he would get a laugh AND take me down a peg or two, and informed Frank that he had set me straight regarding the biscuits. To which Frank quickly replied “what did you tell her that for?- now she won’t make me any more biscuits!”
Smart man my father-in-law.
Super easy cookie dough with only 3 ingredients, with a little burst of raspberry jam in the middle... the ultimate PB & J cookie
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter (I use one with no added sugar or salt)
- ¾ cup caster sugar
- 1 egg
- pinch of fine salt (to balance out sweetness)
- 2-3 tbsp. raspberry jam
- Pre heat oven to 180c
- Line a baking try with greaseproof/baking paper
- Mix first 4 ingredients together until well combined
- Roll mixture in to balls using 2 tsp (measured) of dough per ball
- Place on baking tray. Leave a little space between cookies - they will spread a little (but not a lot)Use your knuckle (not your thumb) to put an indent in the dough balls
- Add ¼ tsp of raspberry jam to the centre of each cookie
- Bake for 10 mins
- Allow to cool on tray for 20 mins before serving
I space the balls about 1 inch/3 cm apart on the tray, then put the indents in.
I use peanut butter with no added sugar or salt because the cookies are sweet enough as they are without any added sweetness from the peanut butter.