These tasty little pots of yummieness are the second meal of the “Creamy” Mustard Chicken 2 Way Dinner from my previous post.
This are ideal for a minimal fuss but maximum flavour night. Basically you just chop the mushrooms and bacon, fry them off adding the chicken/sauce/thyme then put them in the oven with sliced potato and cream/cheese on top. Serve them up with a small green salad, or a bread roll (good to mop up the last morsel of sauce with too!)
PS: I’m new to photography in general, let alone food photography…but check out the top left corner of the photo – a wisp of steam as I opened up the lid!! How cool!!
- 500g chicken from my "Creamy" Mustard Chicken recipe
- 1½ cups sauce/liquid from my "Creamy" Mustard Chicken recipe
- 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves (1/2 tsp dried)
- 200g bacon - roughly chopped
- 400g button mushrooms - sliced
- 600g potatoes - thinly sliced
- 4 tbsp. thickened cream
- 4 tbsp. parmesan - grated
- Pre heat oven to 190c.
- Fry bacon and mushrooms.
- Add chicken, sauce/liquid and thyme and bring to a simmer.
- Meanwhile, add cream and parmesan to sliced potato and mix well to coat.
- Divide chicken mixture evenly between 4, 1½ cup ramekins and top with ¼ of potato mixture.
- Bake for 55 mins.
Don't worry if they don't look perfect going in to the oven, it's part of their charm! The potato will cook down in the oven, and if some slices fall off during cooking you will blessed with a few more crispy bits of potato...go the crispy chips!